My Name

Nur Shamira Bt Mohd Suhaimi
29 May 2009
Entry 2

Everyone has their own beautiful name and same as me. Everyone should think about the name that was given by their parents. My name is Nur Shamira Bt Mohd Suhaimi. I like my name for many reasons. One reason I like it because my name is simple and easy to call. When I was a child, I think I am the only person that used this name but now I already meet with someone who has the same name with me.

I really not know the meaning of my name. I just know the meaning of Nur which is light. The meaning of light is light that give brightness in my life. I have done some research about my name Shamira but there is no meaning about it.

I found the meaning of Shamira but in English website not base to Islamic. It means that I have a desire to understand and to help others but, at the same time I might involved in their problems. Besides, it means that I love children and would not hesitate to care for any children who might need me. This is some of the meanings that I found.

My name is given by my parents. My mom love this name because she already planned to give her kids name started with s. That’s why I got my name Shamira. Besides, my parents actually love name likes Amirah but this name is commonly used so they changed to Shamira.

I also have my nick names. Since I was in school, I got many nick names. My name that my family calls is Iewa because when I was a child I like a singer name Ieva from Indonesia. So, I asked my family called me Iewa. Until now they still use this name. When I was at secondary school, my friends called me Mira, Sham and Shamir. Only my closed friend called me Iewa.

I believe that whatever the name that we have, we should thank to our parents. This is the best thing that they have done to us by giving us a very nice name with a good meaning. They just want us to be like the meaning of the name.

4 comments:



izzuddin said...

Muhammad Izzuddin Abdul Salam B. Hassan
19 JUNE 2009
comment 27



yes...you have a nice name....and I like about your name....just when you tell a little of your friend have a called your nickname with the name sham and shamir...I think it not suitable with you because the name like the name of man.....

^mIz sYamIrA^ said...

Nur Shamira
comment 20
hye Izzudin..they call me like that because they said that Sham more suit with me because i am not a shy person.thats the funny reason..

izzuddin said...

do you are not shy girl???
heheeeehe....so, can i call you sham??heheheehe....never mind...i'm just kidding....but, what the name you want me to call you??? shamira or mira or nur??? because three of that name i think is suitable with you.......

^mIz sYamIrA^ said...

haha..just call me shamira..it is better than sham right??hehe..