MY NAME

NUR ALI TIRMIDHI MOHD SHAH

27 MAY 2009

ENTRY 1


My name is Nur Ali Tirmidhi Bin Mohd Shah. My nickname is Ali. The meanings of my name are Nur means light, Ali means high and Tirmidhi means the name of one place in Middle East that related to one of the Hadith Ulama’.

My name was given by my father when I was three day of birth. My father told me that he discussed with my mother about my name when he knew that he would be a father. He was doing a research to his child first name before he gave it to his child. According to my mother story, my father gave my name like that because he want me to light up my life with the brave spirit like Saidina Ali the fourth caliph in Islam and with the work hard like Imam At-Tirmidhi the Hadith Ulama’ that wrote many of Hadith in a short time. My father said that my name ‘Tirmidhi’ was spell in the English Language version.

I have many nickname in my life, my mother and my father call me Abalong because I am the eldest sibling, my nephew call me EG and Mizi according to my third name Tirmidhi, all of my friend call me Ali, all of my teacher call me Ali and sometimes call me Nur Ali and Tirmidhi.

When I was a student in primary school, I sensed that my name like a girl because of my name have Nur at the first name. In the primary school, all of my friend have Muhammad at the first name. I was shy with my name, but when I was in the secondary school; my friend had the first name like me. His name is Nor Mohd Irwan. And when I continued my study in other secondary school, one of my friends had the first name like me but really like a girl name, his name is Nurul Fadli. After that I am not shy with my name because we not give the impression of the name by it outside but we look it by the meaning. Sometimes, some people that knew my name at the first time told that my name is very wonderful name.

Finally, I love my name like this because it has the meaning and full of hope from my parent with my full name. Thank you so much father and mother!

0 comments: